Friday, February 05, 2010

Of College and Assignments...

When a new semester starts, I can't wait for it to end.
When it ends, I can't for a new semester to start.

Ironic, isn't it?

There's just so much to do this month; research papers, getting my documents ready to be sent out for application, keeping my knowledge of Bio up to date, and I'm still considering on retaking the SAT either in March or May. (purely for scholarship purposes)

Bio has been an ass. The lecturer is a definition of one. (Geez I just hope he doesn't read my blog.)
I was optimistic for the first 2 weeks of classes then he killed them off. Boring isn't the only reason. He's obnoxious. He doesn't respond when greeted. The list goes on. My classmates hate him. I'm stuck with him for the next 3 months. That's fine - I'm just studying for myself. I can't understand what he teaches in class. So I go home and read the textbook. The textbook's my teacher. My Bio teacher can be absent for a month and that'd have no effect on me... but if my textbook goes missing, I'm screwed. I've lost the better teacher. You know what I mean.

I stained my finger in the lab yesterday. I must have accidentally made contact with one of the chemicals and a black stain appeared on my finger. It can't come off. I've tried all possible ways to rid it but nothing's worked. Bummer. :( Well it's not that bad. To a stranger, it'd look like a pen mark. A messy one.

I'm gonna get back to my "Hate Crime" assignment that's due on Monday. Usually hate crimes bring a negative effect on the victims, but then I was thinking... maybe not.

From a different perspective, they could strengthen bonds and build confidence among the victims. Instead of shrinking back, the bullied ones have learned to take a stand on what they believe in. Hate crimes created some sort of new pride in them that led them to pursue justice for people of their own kind.

THESIS STATEMENT: Hate crimes can spur a new sense of justice and integrity among African-Americans, causing them to climb up the walls of confidence and take charge of their rights.


Time to get the 600-word essay on print.

No comments: