Thursday, April 15, 2010

Four Months.

Today was the final day of classes for me!
(Well, I have Bio tomorrow morning but... that's not counted. NOT GOING!)

I got back my two assignments today; did really well for both of them so I'm glad my hard work paid off! :) Nothing is impossible when you persevere.

This morning, I got up and suddenly it hit me like a lightning bolt: "Wow, I only have 4 months left in this country."

There are plenty of things I want to do. Like, go on a Malaysian-food spree with people who love Malaysian food. I'm talking Pan Mee, Wan Tan Mee, Tom Yam Fried Rice (is that even Malaysian?), satay celup, Fried Kuey Teow and PLENTY MORE. Hmmm. I think I haven't had Fried Kuey Teow in two years. I'm serious. So, I should definitely indulge in a delicious plate of F.K.T. before I leave :)
Ohhh and how could I forget - Ramly burgers!! Haha.

Well, then there's the shopping spree. Pre-departure shopping, as I call it. I haven't shopped in MONTHS...which is a really good thing. *pats self on the back* So, before I leave, I'm gonna do some shopping for things that I NEED. :) Gonna try and be a smart shopper. Well not everything is dirt cheap in the States, and I doubt I'll be doing a lot of shopping when I'm there. So, I have a perfect reason to do my shopping here!

One question, though. Should I buy a laptop here, or should I get one when I'm there? I still can't decide which is better.

My remaining months here wouldn't be complete without the company of people I care about. I'm gonna spend a lot of time being with friends and family... and hopefully I don't get too homesick when I leave. I know its inevitable, but it'll be worse leaving the country knowing you didn't get to spend enough time with your loved ones. So, with the limited time that I have, I want to use it to the fullest :)

Part of me is excited about leaving, but part of me isn't too psyched about starting over in a new place. Far from home. Far from familiarity. Far from comfort.

It's a stepping stone and I'm one step closer to this moment.

No comments: