Saturday, July 31, 2010

Gorgeous Gardens

I've never been surrounded by lush green grass, clear blue sky and fresh breeze in my life.

Until I went to Melbourne during winter, and that changed everything.



Malaysia has pretty gardens too, but nothing like the ones in Melbourne. I mean, the colors of nature were just so different there. Everything was bright, bold and vivid. The sky was blue-er. The grass was green-er. It was splendid!


Fitzroy Garden is located in Melbourne city, somewhere near Spring Street and Albert Street (if I'm not mistaken). It was a rather sunny afternoon, perfect for taking photographs and lazing on the warm, golden-green grass.

Because it was winter, most of the trees were barren and the ground was scattered with crisp brown leaves.



There was also a Dwarf Village located in the heart of Fitzroy Garden. The houses were tiny, just like the ones portrayed in Snow White & The Seven Dwarves. How adorable! They should add garden goblins into the village to complete the look.


I'm fond of orange/red leaves. That's one of the reasons why Autumn is my favorite season all year round. This tree was lucky enough to have its leaves in tact because most of the trees had gone bald when winter approached.


Fitzroy was certainly very pretty. I'm sure it's a whole lot prettier during spring and summer when the trees and flowers are in full bloom :)

Then, there was Carlton Garden! It was only a 15 minute walk from Fitzroy Garden. Carlton Garden was much smaller, but also very stunning.

Upon entering the garden, I walked the long stretch of grass and arrived at the main attraction: the majestic fountain.


Pretty gardens are great for a jog, a picnic or just to sit down and relax. :) I would totally do that if I lived near one. Lol. You know, like sit on the bench and read a book while enjoying the evening breeze? Or laze on the grass and do my homework.


Oh, check out the leaning tree of Fitzroy Garden! So cool.


I'm looking forward to paying you another visit, Melbourne ;) And hopefully on my next visit, it'd be in Spring or Autumn.

No comments: