Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bid Farewell To The Summer

Summer break ends today. Classes begin tomorrow.

I'm really glad that I don't have to get up extra early for classes, because all my classes begin after 12pm :) Lucky me! Lol. I have 3 classes tomorrow: World Literature, Reporting and a dumb Fitness class that I'm not looking forward to. 3 hours for Fitness Class? Are you kidding? Haha. But it's a compulsory class and I can't graduate if I don't take it. So, there goes my evening. 6 -9 pm learning about staying fit and eating right (I think that's what they teach you).

I've had a nice summer this week. The weekend was fun; spent a couple of days at Rob and Dina's place in Jacksonville. I cooked dinner for them that night and they really liked it. It was very spontaneous though; just noodles with shrimps and eggs and vegetables. Their place is the only place I can cook freely; I can't cook in uni because I don't have my own kitchen. Plus I haven't bought any kitchen utensils... so. Yeah.

The next evening, we went for dinner at a Chinese restaurant. We were in a random mood for dessert; so we ordered the Great Wall of Chocolate; a 6-layer rich chocolate cake frosted with chocolate chips in a pool of thick raspberry sauce. It was super sinful but extremely delicious!! And we finished it :D One of the best cakes I'd ever tasted.

My dorm's great. Baridon Hall is a sophomore hall, so the people living here are mostly 2nd year American students. I haven't met any Malaysians living in Baridon... yet. But I've met a few Malaysians on campus. My roomie brought a pink rug for our room. We just spread it out this morning and our room has never looked better. There will be more things to come :) We need a fridge AND a microwave.

I really really wish I had my own kitchen. If I was living in an apartment, I would have one. But the thing is, Baridon Hall only has a public kitchen and it's tiny. It's all the way downstairs. So... I guess I won't be cooking all that often here. Yesterday, I was at a friend's place for dinner. He cooked Japanese dishes. There were lots and lots of gyozas and some potato-beef gratin with rice. It was great. Today, I had lunch at another friend's place, and he cooked Japanese curry with pork and potatoes and yummy Japanese rice. Japanese guys are decent cooks. Haha. That's my theory.

I'm gonna head over to my friend's place for sushi tonight! YEAHHHH I love sushi :D Too bad UCA doesn't have a sushi bar :( They should serve something other than pizza, pasta, burgers, fries, meat and salad at the cafeteria. Well I think they have sandwiches too but I usually just grab a plate of pasta and cringe at the amount of cheese they put in it. Lol.

(Will upload the pictures soon!)

Have a great weekend everybody.



1 comment:

Drake Sigar said...

Sounds most scrumptious. Alas, I have never tasted the culinary delights of the orient.