Monday, August 09, 2010

Goodbye Malaysia

Hello! I've been really busy with so many things. These past few days have been insanely fun. Farewells, food, friends, family. I've been eating SO much. For 3 days in a row, I had dessert right before dinner. When it came to dinner, I wasn't hungry but I ate anyway. Malaysia has tons of good stuff. Places that I'll miss would be Sushi Zanmai (good Jap food at a reasonable price), Well Cook Gourmet (fried laksa and tom yam fried rice!), Face to Face (pan mee) and well, tons of other cool places. I can't think of any right now. There's so much on my mind!

I'm leaving TONIGHT. My flight's at 10.45pm. I'll be flying to Singapore (gotta wait for 6 hours til my next flight), then Hong Kong, Chicago (another 6 hours in the airport) and finally Little Rock. I'm landing on the night of August 11th, which would be the morning of August 12th Malaysian time. I'll try to use the internet at the airports if I can. You can check my twitter for updates at www.twitter.com/carissagan ;)

I started packing on Friday night, thinking I had accomplished 80% of my packing, but last night I realized I was barely at 50%. I had so many other things to add in, like my documents, toiletries, shoes and loads more. I spent over 4 hours packing all the way until 1 am and I'm still not done yet :( My bags currently look like they are about to give birth. I almost had to sit on them to zip them up. Sigh. Let's just hope they don't exceed the weight limit.

Well, I'm not THAT excited about leaving, yet. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad that I'm flying to USA, but it's so hard leaving all my favorite people behind... and the lifestyle that I've grown so used to. Yes, I know it's all for the best - and I'm sure that USA has its perks as well :) I'll try to keep my focus ahead and I will do my best to keep my blog updated!

I love you all. I really do. I love Malaysia, and a piece of my heart will always remain here. So, the next time I blog, I won't be sitting in my room with the familiar posters on the wall and the sound of my mom humming the tune of some Korean drama in the living room. *sad sigh* I'll miss my room. I'll miss my family. I'll miss my friends. I'll miss all this.

Goodbye Malaysia. Thanks for all the wonderful memories :)

"Dont want to think about tomorrow
You wont be here by my side
All of a sudden i feel hollow
Theres nothing quite as sad as goodbye."


No comments: