Monday, September 13, 2010

Truth, Much?

The weekend just ended. Aww. :( I had a really nice time.

It's okay; in 5 more days it'll be FRIDAY again and another good weekend will commence!

I'm shipping my iPhone to Apple today because there's a problem with the data network. I don't know when I'm getting it back. It could take days. Or weeks, if they're slow. It's a good thing I still have my prepaid phone to use in the meantime. By the way, who else agrees that the white iPhone 4 looks heavenly? ;)

I'm supposed to pick a behavior/habit to work on for my Health Education project. It feels like one of those self-motivational groups where people sit in a circle and discuss their weaknesses and how they're coping. Like, "Hello, my name is Jane. I'm an alcoholic. I've been binge-drinking for three years. I love alcohol, but I know the bad effects it has on me. I'm trying to put an end to this bad habit." Then the group nods appreciatively and the leader of the group says, "Thank you Jane."
Then two months later, Jane talks again, "Hello, my name is Jane. I used to be an alcoholic. But I'm doing a lot better now. Instead of drinking 2 bottles a day like I used to, I only drink one bottle a week."
And everyone claps and smiles encouragingly.

Yeah, I feel like I have to be transparent about a certain health-related habit to my lecturer and write an entire journal about it for the rest of the month. I don't know what to choose.
Should I pick Bad Sleeping Habits or Bad Eating Habits?
It sucks that I can't pick both. Lol. :P

Bad Sleeping Habits - I've been going to bed at 3am in the past week. I came back to my dorm really late, so I ended up sleeping late too. Yeah I know it's not healthy and I'm planning to go to bed at like 11.30pm every night this week.

Bad Eating Habits - Okay this is embarrassing. But everytime I go to Walmart, I buy bags of food. Cereals, cookies, crackers. They're not junk food but they are like junk food to me. I eat them whenever I'm bored, or like when I'm studying, I'll just reach for some cookies and start eating until I snap out of it and realize I ate way more than I needed to. =/ Oh and I've also bought a lot of food on campus. Sigh. That's why my meal card balance is declining so freaking fast. I used up $60 in 2 weeks. I know, I can't believe it too. The good stuff at the Food Court are always so expensive =/ I don't always eat healthy meals. I've replaced my meals with cookies or crackers. Why? Because they're yummy. Who wants to eat pasta/sandwiches/rice for every meal? Pfft.

Haha okay that's WAY more information than you need to know. But sometimes the best way to get over something is to come clean about it.

No comments: