Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Relax, Take It Easy

I'm not a big Mika fan but that song is stuck in my head. It rained all day so I stayed in and edited photos from yesterday's photoshoot.




We found a row of abandoned chairs lined against a spray-painted wall and decided it'd be cool to shoot there. While photographing, an old Chinese woman came over and started asking a bunch of questions in Cantonese. Neither Stephen or Melwin could understand her, so I tried conversing with her for a little while despite my terrible Cantonese. I thought she owned the place, so I asked for her permission to photograph in that area. She didn't seem to understand me (and I didn't seem to really understand her either) because after several minutes of talking, I gathered that: 1) she didn't own the place, she was just a curious passer-by and 2) she thought I was asking to photograph her.

Okay, so Cantonese isn't my strongest language. Lol.

Minutes after she left, a random dude popped up and asked if he could join us for some photos. Talk about a very happening photoshoot! Definitely a photoshoot to remember.

For dinner, we dined at A Casa Fox. It was my first time sampling Latin American food, and I fell in love. The tapas were delicious. I'll have to write about this in my food blog... which needs serious updating. It's not dead, people. It's coming back to life in a few days. I promise.


Anyway, ever since Melwin and Stephen told me about The Doughnut Plant, I'd been obsessed. The donuts aren't ordinary donuts. They come in a variety of crazy flavors: creme brulee, vanilla bean, peanut butter & jelly, oatmeal, pistachio, you name it. The closest shop was closing at 8, and we left A Casa Fox at 7.36PM. I remember this because I glanced at the clock as we were racing out of the restaurant to get to the shop. We literally ran there and arrived just 6 minutes before it closed, and then sat outside and shared the donuts.



It was a nice end to my weekend. :)

No comments: