Saturday, June 12, 2010

Before I Turn 20


Frankly, I'm not too psyched about getting a year older. If you are, you're special. :)

I'm turning 20 tomorrow, and this is my final day as a TEEN (so to speak, though I've always related teenagehood to ages 17 and below). My age will begin with a big fat 2 for the next 10 years, so I'd better get used to it.

I really like my 19th year. Of course, there were times when I struggled with getting through certain situations and I had to force myself back onto my feet even when I didn't want to. But God was good, nevertheless. I found strength and inspiration in my experiences. He blessed me with wonderful people and mind-blowing adventures. I'm always thankful for them.

I think the best thing that I learned (and probably the hardest) was the art of appreciation. It taught me to let go of certain things, and to embrace better things. It really pays to be grateful. I started cherishing every happy moment, and that's when I realized that there was so much more to life than the little world I used to live in.

My 19 years were weather-beaten, slightly tattered at the edges and dented in a few areas, but they were still pretty good years. I am proud to say that my experiences and memories are my greatest assets. I'm thankful for the beauty of those moments, and I will carry them with me into my 20th year.

So, when I turn 20, I am going to live a little bigger, laugh a little louder and love a lot larger! :)

No comments: