Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hard

The week's been hard. I weaved through assignments and exams and now I'm down to my final task for the weekend; attend my first football game, take note of the gameplay & go for the press conference after the game.

It's for the paper.

I've never felt so stressed about any of the tasks given to me. This would be an exception.
I'm basically on the edge of my seat. I have to admit that I don't know much about American football. I know a little bit about soccer, but yeah that's completely different from American football. I'm really, really nervous about the press conference.

The people at the press conference are gonna be legit reporters from established newspapers, maybe even a broadcasting crew, and the coach and the players. I'm afraid I'd feel terribly out of place because I have no experience with press conferences, plus, I'm totally new to the country and the game and everything.

So this is a really huge task for me; making sure I get all my questions answered during the interview and to NOT screw it up.

Well, apart from that. I had a shock of my life yesterday when I was crossing the road to go to a friend's place. I sped across, oblivious to the speeding car on my right because it was blocked by a big truck. The driver jammed on his brakes, causing a loud screech. It missed me by an inch. I was traumatized.

I was too scared to think of what would've happened if the driver hadn't managed to brake in time. Or if I was two seconds too slow.

Thank God for His watchful guidance and protection.

1 comment:

Vivian K said...

OH MY GAWD. Thank God you're alright. Be extra careful next time yeah. i'll shower you with my prayers (: He'll watch over you.