Saturday, October 09, 2010

Living On The Edge


At the peak of Mount Pinnacle

I went hiking with my American family (Rob & Dina) last weekend. This city girl has never hiked a mountain in her life. The mountain was about 1000 feet high and it took us forever to get to the top. It wasn't an easy climb because there were plenty of jagged boulders. My knees turned to jelly when I reached the top.

But the view was beautiful.
The view of Maumelle Lake

I'd had a crazy 3 weeks at campus. The workload of a journalism major is intense. I was under a lot of self-imposed stress. So the weekend was a great getaway for me. I just needed a break from school. I broke away to Jacksonville to spend the weekend with Rob and Dina, and on my last day with them, they took me to Mount Pinnacle for some hiking. It was fun and definitely a fresh experience.

Well, this week has been a lot better than my past weeks. Firstly, the workload isn't as heavy. I got through my tests and other assignments well, and I only had one article to write this week. By the way, I've been writing for the university paper called The Echo. My articles can be read here: http://ucaecho.net/author/carissagan/
Writing for the newspaper has been an eye-opening journey. I'm really grateful for this opportunity.

I've been having a good time here. I'm into my second month in Arkansas. Definitely liking the life here. :) God has been wonderful and I'm really thankful for His grace upon my life.




No comments: