Monday, August 29, 2011

Starbucks

Starbucks is magical. There's something about this place that tickles my heart every time.

Maybe it's the smell of fresh muffins and roasted coffee.

Maybe it's the gentle instrumental music humming in the background, a soft layer beneath the chatter and buzz of the shop.

Maybe it's the way the baristas smile and greet you.

Maybe it's the creative variety of drinks on the menu.

Maybe it's the joy of having your drink; be it a warm Caramel Apple Spice or a cold Vanilla Bean frappucino.

I used to think that Starbucks is overrated, and sometimes I still do. You pay $4 for coffee that vanishes down your throat in 10 minutes. But as time went by, I realized that Starbucks is still my favorite coffee place in the whole wide world. In all honesty, I don't drink a lot of coffee but I enjoy a caramel macchiato from time to time. Sometimes, I'll be in the mood for a mocha frappucino.

I love this place. That's why I'm currently the mayor of Starbucks, according to FourSquare. :)

 Do I get free drinks? Do I get discounts? NO. Life's unfair that way. ;)

No comments: