Saturday, September 03, 2011

I Think I'm a Canon person... BUT.

Good morning, Conway!

Oh wait, my bad. It's noon already. See how fast time flies on a weekend? It was still 11.49am when I turned on the PC.

Pretty soon I'll be heading out with my roomie to shoot pictures for my photography assignment. I'll be using a Canon EOS 60D this afternoon (unfortunately, it's not mine. It's the school's. Which means it'll have to be returned.) and I was trying it out last night, changing the settings and taking various shots of objects in my room just to get the hang of it. I've never really used a Canon DSLR before; in fact, I don't think I've ever used a DSLR before, except for that one time I borrowed Tim's camera for the Summer Romance photoshoot I did with my best friends and their boyfriends. His was a Sony and it was pretty good.

I have plans to get a Canon T2i (550D) soon, but I need transportation to Bedford in the city because that's the only legit camera shop available. There's Best Buy in Conway which sells cameras too, but their selections are really limited. I've thought about getting mine online because I know you can scout sites like Amazon and Ebay for cheaper options, but I personally prefer getting my gadgets from a shop, where you get to hold the camera and test it out before deciding: This is the one I'm getting.

A few days ago, I woke up from a strange dream in which I had bought myself a Nikon! Hahaha. I don't know if it's deja vu, but I guess I've got nothing against Nikons because they're also as awesome as Canons... it's just... I've never used a Nikon in my entire life. I've heard they produce awesome pictures, though. Even my photography lecturer preferred the Nikon over Canon, and he's owned a 550D before.

The best option would be to go to Bedford and test the cameras there and see which one I fall for the hardest :D

It sounds like a pretty good plan, no?

I think choosing cameras are like choosing shoes; you have to try them to know if they're a perfect fit. When they're a perfect fit, you'll know.

What do you guys (camera lovers) think? :)

No comments: