Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Farewell, winter break.

Last day of winter break!

ZOMG. I don't know if I'm fully prepared for the new semester, but I'm slightly stoked about meeting my new classmates and finding out what kind of assignments we're getting this time.

I know there'll be lots of writing involved since I'm taking 5 writing classes... doubt this semester will be any easier than the last. But when you're a Journalism/Creative Writing student, it's expected of you to have a lot of writing classes. It's not that I don't cringe at the thought of having to write several papers a day; trust me, I've struggled with that all through last semester. But when I'm motivated, I think I can do just fine. Wish me luck, guys.

Had a teeny glitch yesterday with the Writing department. School starts tomorrow, and I've already ordered all my textbooks online. I was enrolled for Travel Writing, which required FIVE textbooks. Then yesterday, the Writing department emailed and said I'd been dropped from Travel Writing because I didn't have all the prerequisites to take that class. I was shocked. Like, I was just about to pay my tuition for the semester. And I'd bought all my textbooks for that class. I need that class because I'm graduating in December. And school starts on Thursday! How on earth was I supposed to look for another class to fill in the spot? Most of the good ones would be closed by now.

So I called the department and had a long talk with the secretary. She was droning on and on about how I didn't have the prerequisites, so, the answer was a big NO. And FINALLY, after I told her about my plans to graduate in December, she paused for a moment and said, "Let me talk to the department head and see what he suggests." 

Few hours later, she called back and said they've perused all the classes I've taken and decided I have enough writing background to take this class. :D So, praise God! I'm re-enrolled into Travel Writing! WOOHOO! 

Really, I don't know what I'd do without God's favors. He is amazing.

So, I'm trying to enjoy my last day of the holiday. It's hard, especially with school ringing at the back of my mind. I have an early class tomorrow, so there goes my dreams of waking up in the afternoon. Three weeks of winter break have turned me into a lazy girl. I'm going to miss all my carefree moments of not having to worry about deadlines and papers.

Well, life goes on. So does school. I'm not going to be pessimistic. I'm going to optimistic and hope for the best.  ;)

No comments: