Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fear

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel sure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

-Marianne Williamson-

I'm setting new goals for myself this year.

Some of these goals are intimidating. Some of these goals are things I never considered myself capable of doing. But I want to do them anyway, because I believe I've been sitting in the shadows for far too long, waiting for a change that only I'm capable of constructing.

For so long, I've allowed my fears to bind my strengths and confidence. I've submitted myself to doubts, to complacency, to perfectionism.

I've finally realized that I can't hide from my fears anymore; and there's going to be a time this year when I'll have to really challenge myself to take that leap of faith and step out of my comfort zone.

The thought of it scares me so much right now because I'm still unprepared for such a big challenge. But if I succeed, it will be one of the most remarkable accomplishments in my life.

Right now, I need God more than ever. I need His grace and guidance to bolster me as this intimidating future continues to unravel. In just a few months, my life will be transformed. I'm not ready for such a big transition yet, but hopefully that when the time comes, I'll be fully prepared.

No comments: