Monday, February 18, 2013

Now or Never

Hello! I know it's been a while since I wrote. So much has happened since this.

I graduated in December. Packed my bags and flew from Arkansas to New York. I was in New York during the summer, traveling and exploring the city like a fresh tourist. I fell in love with the place and vowed to return. And I did.

Now I'm here. I've been here for three weeks. It still feels surreal sometimes. The incessant honking from impatient drivers, the flashing lights at Times Square, the distant chatter resonating around the busy coffee shop on a Friday afternoon and the rush of people spilling onto subway platforms every few minutes... this is New York. Sometimes, I'm still blown away that I made it here.


Because months ago, New York was just a dream. I fashioned a plan in my mind and convinced myself that I would go to New York after graduation and work at a fashion magazine, writing articles and living the life I'd always dreamed of.

The main thing separating my dream from reality was that gap of uncertainty. It was the fear of taking risks, the fear of failing, the fear of the unknown.

Taking that leap of faith and buying the one-way ticket to the Big Apple was one of the craziest things I've done. But I'm glad I did.

A big chapter ended and a new one just started. I'm excited to see how this unravels. :)

No comments: