Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

2009 has been awesome. The good times definitely overrule the bad times.

Organized a surprise birthday party for Ming with Sean. We had it at TGIF, One Utama. The look on Ming's face when he came in was priceless =) We did a good job, didn't we, Sean? :)




Went for a field trip with some Anthropology classmates to Kampar, Perak for our assignment to interview some of the natives located in the outskirts of the town. Stayed at a fancy hotel for the night and played cards until the wee hours of the morning. ;D



Carried out a play onstage for my Music class assignment. It was hilarious. We did a remix of The Phantom & The Opera and added humor into the storyline. Like, sick, crazy humor.



Went for my first ever MPO experience at KLCC to experience classical music. There was this"NO PHOTOGRAPHY" policy in the hall but rules can be broken sometimes :D

Spent half the time searching the stage for the cute Scottish piccolo player.
(It just came to my mind, that if a person who plays the piano is called a pianist and a person who plays the guitar is a guitarist, is a piccolo player a piccolist? Haha well just wondering. It would be so cool to be called a piccolist.)

Enjoyed a simple but special birthday outing with June and Vivian, my dearest best friends in the whole wide world!


Celebrated Mooncake Festival at Pei Wen's place with more college people. Ate steamboat for dinner and played with candles, then went in to her house and watched PS: I Love You while complaining how cheesy it was, then set out for Lookout Point in Cheras to catch the stunning overview of Cheras at night.





Had a simple photoshoot at a lake with Vivian. The photographer was a really nice guy from her church and we had so much fun.



Worked as a part timer at that pink and white shop in Pyramid for like 1 and a half months. Learned how to put on make up the proper way. But I won't be using those skills I learned unless I really need to. The whole working experience was an eye opener to what the real world really is.


Had a wonderful time in Melbourne with Ming and his family! Went around the city for shopping, sight seeing and food-hunting :D I still miss that holiday so much. It was perfect.



Celebrated Vivian's birthday along with June at Pyramid. Went for a 3D movie and took a few pictures after that. The birthday girl FINALLY turned 19 ;)


Attended the INTI Ball for the first time and had to dance onstage with John. Both of us won 24 vouchers of free New Zealand Natural ice cream. Lol. I stilll remember events of that night quite clearly :)



Been spending so many vouchers eating New Zealand ice cream with friends and family. And I think my favorite flavors of the lot would be the HOKEY POKEY and BOISENBERRY.




Well I wouldn't say that going for farewells is a nice thing. I get emo easily. But I'm glad that I got to spend some quality time with some of my friends before they left to pursue their studies overseas. I miss them very much.



Celebrated Christmas in Singapore with my mom and my relatives! Had a stroll at Orchard Road on Christmas eve. The decorations were nais.

Next time I'm going to make a Fererro Rocher christmas tree too, but a mini one :)



Entered into my first year with Ming yesterday ;) Yup, we're officially one year old now!
It's been a beautiful. Just simply beautiful. Thanks for everything.






I feel so blessed and so thankful because I've learned so much and smiled so much too.


Despite the tough times, there was still alot of room for joy and fresh hope :) I think perseverance is the key to everything.

At least I know that 2009 has ended on a good note. I can't wait for 2010!

Blessed New Year, all of you lovely people! :) God bless.

No comments: