Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

I've been spending half of my Christmases in Singapore since I was a child. This year was no different.

Orchard Road had always been my favorite hangout spot in Singapore because of the MALLS but this trip wasn't about shopping anymore. It was more on family bonding moments. On Christmas eve, I wanted to sleep because I was really tired. But I went to Orchard Road anyway to check out the decorations.

The best Christmas tree ever!


It was packed to the brim with people. 70% of the crowd were youngsters. Many of them were holding "poppers" (spray cans containing shampoo-like foam) and they would just randomly spray foam on their friends and even on strangers! I had to endure all that the whole night. Haha. It was kinda cool though, watching people getting sprayed until their heads were totally shampooed with foam. It's SNOWING IN SINGAPORE!!!




This wasn't the White Christmas I wanted, but it was close :D


Because it was terribly jampacked with people, I felt like I was swimming through a sea of people.

This was before it got really hectic.

Five minutes later, it got crazy.

You could barely see the end of the road.

It was a unique experience, being stuck in a slow-crawling crowd on Christmas eve. When the clock struck 12, things started to get heavy. I didn't stay for that. I left after 12 and headed back to my uncle's place in Ang Mo Kio.

Christmas morning was spent with my relatives. They took my mom and I to the big market in Tiong Bahru. The last time I went there was five years ago, I think. It has changed so much since then.


I ate the famous "Singapore Lor Mee". My mom loved it, but I thought it tasted rather bland... except the fried wontons. Those were so yummy! And the fish was tasty too. :) Everything but the starchy thing and the noodles.


There were plenty of stalls to choose from. Some sold interesting stuff, like this one.
I don't know why it's called Museum Coffee. But I'm guessing it must be pretty ancient.


I finally got to meet my new baby cousin for the first time! I'd only seen her in pictures, but on Christmas day, I got to see her in person. She's such a doll!
She's super cute and super photogenic. When I held up the camera and asked her to smile, she did!

Kyla :)


I'm missing her already.

Anyway, it feels good to be back home. I'd been going for farewell outings lately. :( And there's still quite a lot of things to be done before New Year. Tsk tsk.

Ming's arriving on Saturday! Whee! :D Oh, and I'm gonna enrol for one more semester in college because I still have to do another Science subject and that English research writing class.

Yup, I've made up my mind and I know where I'm going.

No comments: