Friday, August 19, 2011

The Last Night

So, I'm down to my last night in Malaysia.

Yes, it's amazing yet scary how quickly time flies. In a blink of an eye, summer's about to end and autumn is on its way. My classes are starting in less than a week! :O Pretty soon, I'll be tweeting about classes and assignments and the scorching summer afternoons.

It's tough to leave your comfort zone. I've done it before, but this still feels new to me. I know it won't be easy to say goodbye to all the people I care about. I know it won't be easy to step onto the plane, knowing that I'll be flying off into a land 9,500 miles away from home. And I know it won't be easy trying to stay optimistic as I face the new chapter before me.

Leaving is really hard, especially when you don't know when you're coming home. It's hard when you have to get back onto your own two feet and grace the ground beneath you without the usual support from friends and family. It's a stab to your confidence.

But it is essential. It's a change that will benefit me in the long run.

"Change is constant. How we experience it is up to us. It can feel like death, and it can also feel like a second shot at life." -Grey's Anatomy -

I'll lift my head up and embrace this new journey with confidence and joy. As I approach the second chapter of my university life in Arkansas, I pray that God will continue to be the center of it all. :)

Wish me luck! Back to packing.

No comments: