Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hello Arkansas!

Hello Arkansas!

Been here for 3 days and I'm still jetlagged. It's getting a little better, just in time for my new semester to begin! I'm taking six classes - News Editing, Writing Editorials and Reviews, Principles of Online Journalism, Media Law & Ethics, The Fountain (online newspaper) and... Basic Press Photography! :D

Yup, it's gonna be one busy semester. But it'll be fun ;)

I moved into my new apartment with Dana on Sunday night, the same night we arrived in Arkansas. Hot air greeted us when we stepped out of the airport. Yup, it's summer here and it's HOT. It gets up to 35'C or more on certain days, and the nights aren't any colder. The best part of summer is how green the trees are. Few more weeks until Fall arrives. Can't wait for that.

I'm so excited about our new apartment, although the building's probably about 100 years old. It creaks and squeaks so much. I'd be prancing around in my room and the floorboards would creak beneath me. But that's the beauty of an old building - it's still lovely. Dana and I are roommates this year! We spent a bomb decorating the place and making it as pretty as possible. I'll post some pictures of the place soon.

Love,
Carissa.

No comments: